…after all, happiness is knowing there is a dessert in the fridge!
Someone once said “Life is short, eat dessert first” and I absolutely do the same! Be it happiness, or sadness, bad days, or good ones, it’s always a perfect day for a dessert! So here are a few of my go-to dessert recipes which have been a part of my quick dessert menu!
Biscuit chocolate balls (No bake)
- 6-8 Marie Biscuits
- 3 teaspoon Condensed Milk
- 3 teaspoon Cocoa powder
- In a small mixie jar or food processor, coarsely powder the biscuits.
- Transfer the powdered biscuits to a bowl; add the condensed milk and cocoa powder and mix well to form an even mixture.
- Shape the mixture into balls and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with your choice of toppings. You may use desiccated coconut, Gems, chocolate chips, or any other coloured sugar toppings.
- 2½ cups Full Fat Milk
- ¼ cup Sweet Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 4-5 Saffron trands (Kesar)
- ¼ teaspoon Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder
- 6 pieces of plain Rusk (Toast)
- ½ tablespoon Pistachio
- ½ tablespoon chopped Cashew Nuts
- ½ tablespoon chopped Almonds
- Mix milk, sweet condensed milk, sugar and saffron strands in a thick – bottomed pan and bring it to a boil on medium flame.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the flame to low and boil until mixture turns thick and reduces to around 1½ cups. This should take 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add cardamom powder to the mixture.
- Take the mixture off the burner and set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, arrange the rusk pieces on a serving plate.
- Once the milk mixture cools down, pour it on the rusk pieces in the serving plate. Garnish with pistachio, cashew nuts and almonds.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, and its ready to serve
Parle-G Ice Cream Sandwich (No bake)
- 2 Parle-G Biscuits (You can also use Bourbon biscuits)
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 teaspoon Jam (preferably strawberry)
- 1 Strawberry sliced
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Spread the jam on one slice of Parle-G biscuit.
- Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Place a couple of slices of juicy strawberry on top.
- Put the second slice of biscuit on top of it.
- Pour some chocolate syrup on the sandwich according to your taste and its ready to serve.
Yeah it’s that simple! (And delicious too!)
- 1 litre Full Fat Milk
- 6 slices of White Bread
- 50 grams Sugar
- 10-12 chopped Cashew Nuts
- 10-12 chopped Pistachio
- 10-12 chopped Almonds
- 2 pinches Saffron
- Pour the milk in a wide heavy bottomed pan and boil it on low flame till it reduces to half of its original quantity (i.e. ½ litre).
- Add sugar, cashew nuts, pistachio, almonds and saffron, mix it well.
- Boil it on low flame till it reduces to 1/4th of its original quantity (i.e. ¼ litre). Keep stirring in between.
- The thick mixture you get is called rabri. Take the rabri off the burner and refrigerate it.
- Meanwhile, cut the bread slices into round shapes using a bottle cap or a cookie cutter.
- Dip the bread slices in the chilled rabri and leave it for 20-30 minutes. Your rasmalai is ready to be served.
- Always serve it cold. You may garnish it with some cashew nuts, pistachio and almonds.
Bread Fruit Cake (No bake)
- 4 Bread slices
- 1 cup whipped Cream
- 4 teaspoon Sugar Syrup
- 4-5 slices Kiwi
- 5-6 slices Strawberry
- 1 chopped Apple
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
- Start by cutting sides of the bread slices.
- Take one slice and apply 1 teaspoon sugar syrup to it. You may do this using a silicon brush or a spray bottle.
- Now apply whipped cream to the bread slice evenly and place the fruit toppings one by one.
- Place another slice of bread on top of it, and repeat the same steps as done for the previous slice.
- Once you stack up all the 4 bread slices, pour the remaining whipped cream and coat all sides of the cake.
- Top it with fruit slices and garnish with chocolate sauce.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, and it’s ready to serve.
You may use fruits and toppings of your choice. This can be made using Gems, choco-chips, ice cream and or any other favourite topping of yours.